[Lazarus] Lazarus is invisible?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 16:04:06 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> At the first glance I was confused whether these are FPC or Lazarus
>> features, mainly by the black background of the code windows.
>
> :-) I find the black background for the editor window much softer on my
> eyes. Over the years, computers have really screwed up my eyes, so now I'm
> trying to look after what I have left. :)
>
> [Side note:
> My efforts seem to be helping (and those scientists were not lying). I am
> using better lighting conditions, LCD instead of CRT monitor, softer color
> schemes in my OS and daily used applications, added rest periods (which
> means drinking more coffee :-/). Since I started this 5-6 years ago, my
> eyes have not gotten worse - for the first time since I started using
> computers).]

I'm staring at monitors since 40 years now, and I found many "official"
suggestions inappropriate for me, with regards to contrast, brightness,
color schemes and other light sources. I prefer a bright environment for
my desk, with no significant contrast between text on screen and printed
or handwritten paper sheets before or beneath my keyboard. My eyes are
degrading since several years now, and I cannot read any more text on a
dark background, as found in many websites. I also found LCD displays
less sharp than CRT monitors, but the bigger size of nowadays LCD
screens allows to place them further away from my eyes, while my arms
became too short to read newspapers without special glasses.

Perhaps there's a genetic difference between troglodytes and hunters,
with regards to the preferred dark or bright background?

>> I also couldn't find how to reach that page, from some typical entry
>> page. It's a shame how Lazarus references are hidden in third or deeper
>> level pages on the FPC site :-(
>
> The wiki searching ability really sucks. No advance search options at all!
> If it doesn't give you results, it does the opposite and gives you too much
> results. Either way, it is hard to find anything in the wiki. And the more
> pages get added, the worse the problem becomes.

So it's not only me, who is lost in many web pages and wikis :-(

> In such cases I often try and use Google to rather do the searching for me.

PasDoc has a nice full text search feature for the HTML documents
(tipue), perhaps it should also be added to FPDoc?

DoDi