[Lazarus] Lazarus is invisible?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:02:29 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 8:15:41 AM, you wrote:

>> environment, but the scoring of the searched terms. In current wiki
>> (in example) is almost impossible to find something usable if you must
>> use words like "object", "class" or "control", as they are present in
>> almost all documents, so "full text search" is useless.
GG> I have implemented a full text search with scoring support in DocView
GG> (fpGUI's INF Documentation Viewer application). Maybe that code and
GG> algorithm could be adapted for fpdoc and wiki search support too? Umm, I
GG> never even thought of doing that. :)

Hmmmm... It would be great if I can put an eye over the code as I need
a 100% freepascal/lazarus solution to index/search a "great" amount of
text files (not only text files, but metadata associated with files,
images, etc...).

In my search travel looking for ready made I had found one project
that extract index terms (most relevant terms) in a collection of
texts based in a dictionary, or not, of terms related to the generic
topic about the documents, unfortunatly it was a Java product :(

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun