[Lazarus] FCL-Web and new WebDesign packages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jan 28 09:24:16 CET 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> OK, let me try and sum up this message thread. We have the following
> technologies/projects/options available:
>
> * FCL-Web
> * fpWeb

They are the same thing. fpWeb is a unit in fcl-web.

> * jQuery
> * Gecko/XULRunner
> * ExtJS
> * ExtPas
> * ExtPascal   <- not sure if this is the same as previous option

Same.

> * Qooxdoo
> * SOAP
> * WST

Not really web related ?

> * ExtDirect

Part of ExtJS.

> * Morfik
> * Morfik's JST
> * Powtils
> * Adobe Flex
> * ISAPI
> * HaXe
> * FlashDevelop
> * Neko
> * JavaScript
>

> I think I got them all, and these are just the ones mentioned in this
> message thread. I believe I now understand why I try and stay away from web
> development as far as possible!!  :-)

I wouldn't touch it with a stick if it was up to me, but I don't
set the trends. After 1 day of testing the differences in IE and
Firefox already drove me mad :(

My boss was actually very surprised that there are no standards
in web development. It is not what he was told by other people :-)

Michael.