[Lazarus] FCL-Web and new WebDesign packages

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 22:41:36 CET 2010

On 28 January 2010 17:37, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
...snip...
> what has put me off from cgi ... I usually have a lot more HTML then
> code, so I actually would like to have a HTML document where I put

In our case it is the opposite. We have a LOT more OP code in the
background than HTML. We actually have 3 CGI applications, and they
all share OP code via include files for smaller parts and full units
for larger parts. So this reduces our work a lot to.

A lot of the code in the CGI applications actually come from our
desktop GUI applications. I'm still trying to work on a solution to
completely remove the CGI apps, but currently we can't manage and
control Adobe Flash inside fpGUI or LCL applications. I did some work
in this regard a few years back called Mozilla Plugin Panel, where I
used Mozilla plugins as-is, but the custom written panel component for
LCL applications faked the web browser API the plugins expected. This
worked on Windows, and partially under Linux.

That's what prevented us from using desktop apps for all parts of our
project, so I had to resort to CGI apps. :-(

More details on Mozilla Plugin Panel:
  http://opensoft.homeip.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?p=mozilla-plugin-panel

  - Graeme -