[Lazarus] FCL-Web and new WebDesign packages

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:56:29 CET 2010

>> My boss was actually very surprised that there are no standards
>> in web development. It is not what he was told by other people :-)

Standards does exist. It's the problem of the implementator,
especially the browser makers, who each thinks a smart a** and ignore
those standards.

> Gee wiz, where has he been for the last 10 years?  :-)

Well, actually this doesn't happen only on web development, it happens
almost on all things, especially in the software world. Is there any
standard upon window managers (gtk1, gtk2, qt, etc)? Isn't it the main
reason why you wrote fpGUI in the first place? Is SQL standard
completely obeyed by all database engines? Even directory stuctures
are different among Linux distros! I could go on with more examples,
but you should get the idea.

I don't think it's fair to bash web development while in fact it also
happens on desktop development. I'm just trying to be fair and
objective. :)

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing