[Lazarus] Cross Compile: Host Linux amd64; "Guests": Linux i386, Win32, Win64

Benito van der Zander benito at benibela.de
Sat Jan 30 12:52:56 CET 2010

> Using the scripts I managed to create Debian packages for Win32
> crosscompiler. In this case I can not install because the package is
> not generated for the amd64 architecture, it is a package for the i386
> architecture, this is correct?

you can install and run the i386 package on amd64, you just
need to override the platform check with a --force option and
some 32-bit compatibility libraries (which are imho installed
as default on debian).
To cross compile with the old fpc2.2 I just installed the 64-bit
linux fpc, the 32-bit linux fpc and finally the 32-bit windows fpc...

Benito