[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sat Jan 30 16:18:45 CET 2010

30.01.2010 21:34, Bee Jay wrote:
> One more thing, but this is optional, we should give the decision to
> the one who are gonna do the real work: what tool are we going to use
> to serve the backend? PHP? Wordpress? Joomla? fpWeb?
>
> Honestly, I expect it would be build using fpWeb. Because we could
> prove by itself that FPC/Lazarus is able provide all-in-one cross
> platform development tool, including web development. What do you think?

I think that we should not reinvent the wheel again and use already
existing tools. Before we thought about the portal and choosed drupal as
a possible cms for it. Although Joomla is a good candidate too.

If you want fpWeb very much you can start portal development in paralel.
We can have fpWeb solution using drupal database. When it is ready we
will switch to it without the need of database converting, etc.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.