[Lazarus] [Fwd: Re: Is Lazarus a Delphi plagiat?]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 15:27:38 CET 2010

Marc Weustink schrieb:

> Developing software isn't about just clicking somewhere. It's also about
> knowing where to find your info.

Reading comments like yours makes me understand why many people find
Lazarus unusable :-(

Currently it's impossible to find the information about the first steps
with Lazarus. Remember that everybody has his own expectations about
possible keywords, so that the start page *must* contain a definite link
to "Introduction", "First Steps", "New to Lazarus" or whatever could be
identified as the most important information for newcomers. The Search
in the main page only searches the forums, while it should search the
available documentation[1] in the first place.

[1] As long as a search in the wiki is impossible, we must offer
something else instead.

According to my observations the first item in the FAQ should address
the save-before-compile issue.

DoDi