[Lazarus] Unable to create file jcfsettings.cfg

Marcelo B de Paula marcbp at terra.com.br
Sun Jan 31 15:51:19 CET 2010

>To solve the problem I need more information from you:
>1. Open environment options, select JCF format settings. What is written
>near the "Format file is: "?
>2. Do you use -primary-config-dir switch to run lazarus?
>3. Do you see environmentoptions.xml and editoroptions.xml near the
>jcfsettings.cfg?
>
>You can try to remove that jcfsettins.cfg and lazarus will try to
>recreate it again.
>
>Best regards,
>Paul Ishenin.

Hello Paul,

The first thing i did when got the error was eliminate the lazarus config
dir and executed lazarus to
create a fresh one. Unfortunatly, doing this, the file was not created with
same error.

Answering the questions:

1) I got, file not found. None is displayed.
2) I´m not using -primary-config-dir
3) Yes, the two files are there.

Just to note that i´m using a localized (portuguese) version of win xp. The
path to lazarus config is
c:\Documents and settings\User\Configurações locais\Dados de
aplicativos\lazarus. (there is spaces in it).
This is equivalent in english version to c:\Documents and
settings\User\Local configurations\Application Data\lazarus.

Regards,
Marcelo.