[Lazarus] Sourceforge and Cuba

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:59:46 CET 2010

2010/1/31 Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>

> Maybe we could just provide some direct links to Sourceforge mirrors
> outside the US? Like this one in Brazil:
> http://ufpr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lazarus/
>
> Best regards,
> Flávio
>
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Jonathan
> <winelauncher.jonathan at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:46:39 -0500
> > svaa <svaa at ciberpiula.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello:
> >>
> >> Because of USA policy, Sourceforge  has blocked users from Cuba, Iran
> >> North Corea and other "rogue countries".
> >>
> http://sourceforge.net/blog/clarifying-sourceforgenets-denial-of-site-access-for-certain-persons-in-accordance-with-us-law/
> > Sourceforge needs some non US server now!
> > It's a silly law and Sourceforge needs to find a way round it.
> >
> >>I don't intend to start a flame about USA's foreign policy. But perhaps
> >>you could think an alternative. Not necessarily to move away from
> >>Sourceforge, but maybe to have a mirror in an alternative repository
> >>without such restrictions and link it in Lazarus' site
> > Use http://repo.or.cz/ as a mirror it has a nice web gui for git and
> it's not in the US or US owned.

Same as in Syria and not just sourceforge it is google and many other site
(we feel like as Jerry with Tom try to catch us)
SVN not blocked yet and also the mails like Gmail, but i am afraid we will
see that in the future.

You can use any antiproxy to download from the blocked site, for sourceforge
you can catch the mirror, press escape in the decisive time.

Sorry fo Off Topic.

--
Zaher Dirkey