[Lazarus] Parser

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 14:51:53 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell schrieb:
>  On 06/30/2010 10:23 PM, Adem wrote:
>> If you could compile, say, Modula (or C/C++) with FPC, you would have
>> direct access to a huge & time-tested resource of libraries
>
> In fact being able to tightly integrate C code (I can't speak for C++,
> as I can't speak it) would be really nice to have. To be useful the
> languages should be mixable at least on a per-unit base (better
> per-procedure) and the debugger would be necessary to be working
> properly on that.
>
> I don't think this is easy to do, though.

IMO we should not go into such details right now, like the debugger.
Instead we should find out about useful applications of the parser and
additional front-ends, to give motivation to the FPC developers to
implement some basic (non-breaking) prerequisites. Then we can find out
more about further chances and problems, in concrete projects that use
the FPC compiler and related code as-is.

DoDi