[Lazarus] Possible bug

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 2 08:36:34 CEST 2010

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:11:25 -0300
"Leonardo M." Ramé <l.rame at griensu.com> wrote:

> El vie, 02-07-2010 a las 00:25 +0200, Mattias Gaertner escribió:
> > On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 17:09:29 -0300
> > "Leonardo M." Ramé <l.rame at griensu.com> wrote:
> >
> > What gtk version do you use?
> > Can you try to find the svn revision that broke it?
> >

> > Mattias
>
> My libgtk2.0-0 is 2.20.1-0ubuntu2. Is that what do you need?.

Yes, thanks.

> About trying to find which revision broke it, it's a difficult task,

No, it's a pretty simple a binary search. But it may take some time on
slow computers/internet connections.

> think it could be easier to try to find and fix the bug, I don't have
> any problem in doing this.
>
> Could someone point me to the sources that implement this feature?. I
> don't even know how do you call it, is it AutoCompletion?.

Caret visibility state depends on focus, settings and timer, so it
depends on code in synedit, LCL and gtk interface. Debugging something
that depends on timer and focus is quite hard. That's why I suggest to
try the binary search.

Mattias