[Lazarus] Parser

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 2 08:53:50 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:21:37 +0300 (EEST)
Rigel Rig <rigel at gbg.bg> wrote:

>  Windows has DLL-s. DLL, written in C, C ++... can be used in Delphi, and I guess in Lazarus. Why not use them? It is much easier. And you can write them in whatever language you want.

I'm curious, can Java be used to write a dll?

> In Linux do you have something similar? Why not use it instead to mix Pascal with C, C++, Java... philosophy?

I don't know why not, because lazarus does since the beginning.

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Overview_of_Free_Pascal_and_Lazarus
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus/FPC_Libraries

> I can not understand one thing: is there a Lazarus project manager like in other open source projects? Why not he/she say will  Lazarus support other languages except FP or not and stop this discussion?

The tail of the discussion was about extending FPC to do the job of the
existing C compilers.
The main thread is - as far as I understand it - about extending the fpc
parser. I think it should be moved to fpc-devel or fpc-other. It is
not about lazarus.

Mattias