[Lazarus] Parser

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Fri Jul 2 10:34:42 CEST 2010

  On 2010-07-02 11:13, Peter E Williams wrote:
> I was under the possibly mistaken impression that Delphi allowed the user to link in C/C++ code to a Delphi project. I have never done this.
Unless I too am terribly mistaken, Delphi cannot directly use C/C++
source code.
You first create .obj files from C/C++ source code using only Borland's
C/C++ compiler and then link them to your delphi unit.

The above description could be incorrect, though. I vaguely remember
doing something like this (a simple compile from other peoples already
customized-for-purpose code) a couple of decades ago.
> I assumed that Lazarus could link in GNU C/C++ code. Is this, or ever will it, be possible. What is stopping us from doing this?
I don't know about GNU C/C++, but I came across to this recent post in
FPC-devel while doing a search on the Net a couple hours ago.
[I have no idea why I didn't receive it from the list]

http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg20812.html

It may or may not be a starting point for that capability.

Cheers,

Adem