[Lazarus] Lazarus-other list

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:18:15 CEST 2010

On 2 July 2010 16:51, Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
> And by no means others must be forced to receive and scan off topic
> mails on the Lazarus list.

And then comes the other problem.... What you might consider "off
topic", I and others might consider "on topic". This is what Jürgen
and I am talking about (including lost mails due to multiple lists and
info fragmentation).

I have been through all of this with fpGUI and tiOPF. We had many
areas of posting questions. Forums, IRC, private email, newsgroups,
mailing lists, SourceForge Forums etc... Many newcomers asked the same
questions over and over, because the information that are looking for
was already covered, they just couldn't find it. Information
fragmentation. THAT is why tiOPF and fpGUI now have one single port of
call - *one mailing list*. That's it!  If you don't like a message
thread, don't read it! This will teach posters to also use correct and
descriptive message subject lines, otherwise they don't get feedback.

Everybody is used to managing emails is some way or form. Nobody can
fully stop spam messages. Just like you manage those, so you can
manage other messages in a mailing list.

  - Graeme -