[Lazarus] Some information please

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Mon Jul 5 20:16:31 CEST 2010

Sven Barth wrote:
> Qt: 4.6.3
> SDL: 1.2.14
> SDL_mixer: 1.2.11
> SDL_image: 1.2.10
> SDL_net: 1.2.7
> SDL_ttf: 2.0.9
> lua: 5.1.4

Actually I have exactly the same lib versions except that lua is not
installed. It is not needed by Hedgewars.

I think the biggest problem is OpenGL support for my ATI display card.
I have also a Matrox G400 which used to work reasonably fast but not any more
with new X Org versions. The support is dropped.
For example I was able to play Cube (now Sauerbraten) earlier but any more.

I am in the process of buying a "new" machine. There is one AMD Athlon 64 X2
3800+, three or four years old, which I am checking soon.
It has an integrated display chip, I must figure out what it is.
I will tell you if I can run Hedgewars then.

For anything else my oldish P4 machine is fast enough, including developing
the big Lazarus project.

Juha