[Lazarus] GPS Navigation Software develpment

Horacio Jamilis hjamilis at pymesoft.com.ar
Tue Jul 6 14:51:28 CEST 2010

1) I was not able to find any software that allow to create the route
off-line on the PC and then transfer it to the GPS device (with or
without cell phone)
2) I was not able to find any software that allow to assign to each
point of the router a specific time frame... let say that in the first
place, one could only be there between 14:00 and 17:00 and such.
3) I was not able to find any software that I could interact with from
my own windows mobile software...

Let´s say I want to build a module for a delivery truck... then I want
the software to command the driver, and ask him to go to one place
(between a time frame), after he reach the place, the software mush show
him the task he must do there, and let him confirm that he did it, and
enter the details (that after the return or over GPRS, EDGE or so) go to
the main server to be confirmed by his supervisor. After he confirmed
the task been done, the software should assign the next task on the
route (because distance and time) and take the truck there.

I hope you could understand the idea... and may be you could suggest me
other path.
So the gain will be extensibility and the possibility to interact with
other custom made modules.

Thanks

Horacio