[Lazarus] GPS Navigation Software develpment

ik idokan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:48:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:41, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>  On 07/06/2010 11:25 PM, Kjow wrote:
>

>> I did it, but with GTK. No time for QT now, but there are already the
>> libs for maemo-qt.
>>
> Does anybody know what are the pros/cons for GTK vs QT on embedded devices
> ? I just talked to a seemingly very high-level (American) Linux centric FAE
> from Texas Instruments regarding their ARM base product line. They recommend
> QT and I am too new in the embedded GUI issue to ask good questions about
> this.

C vs C++

Qt is closer to LCL/VCL way of doing stuff, but GTK is more natural and easy
to use in many programming languages...
I find it really easy to develop Qt in Pascal (thanks to the binding team
for their great work), but it's not hard to do the same in GTK, but
sometimes it require additional code ...

If fpGUI will be closer to GTK/Qt in support of BiDi and few other issues, I
think that will actually be the best way to do (less dependencies and stuff)
:)

> Thanks,
> -Michael
>

> --