[Lazarus] Lazarus settings on WinXP

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Jul 13 14:14:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Vincent Snijders
<vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where should it load such a setting from? In the directory indicated
> by that setting? And where should the IDE load that setting from? Etc.
>
> It could be a readonly informational options, but changing it in the
> IDE is not useful.

The readonly information is a good ideia  :)

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Because the setting will be known only *after* the default configuration has
> been read. Then that configuration had to be thrown away, and read again
> from the new source - which in turn could specify yet another path...
>
> On Windows you can add any number of Lazarus icons to your desktop, and
> specify their distinct primary config paths. Other desktops may have similar
> features.

Sorry guys, for my crazy idea  =)
But I have another doubt: The Lazarus should be started by
startlazarus.exe, right? If I use arguments in lazarus.exe, how
startlazarus.exe knows about this parameters when I rebuild the IDE?

Thanks,
MD.