[Lazarus] TreeView with columns

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jul 15 05:30:46 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara said:

(I seem to have failed to receive Adem's msg, so I might reply to him
sometimes)

> > I don't think it is a valid issue, since VT is licensed under MPL and
> > GPL; MPL makes it even more liberally licensed than LGPL.

> Not that i think this is a big issue but, AFAIK, mixing licenses are not
> so straightforward even if is toward a more liberal.

MPL is said to be GPL incompatible. VST is also LGPL (but without exception)

> > Refactoring it as 'TVirtualNode = class(TPersistent)' solves many of
> > those problems (not least of which is the issues with TWorkerThread
> > which becomes totally redundant) and paves the way for future expansion.
>
> Agree. Just two points:

Creating classes is significantly more expensive than records, which can be
mass cheaply allocated, cheaply initialized and their allocations are more
tightly packed.

It would make it more troublesome for large scale users.  (and yes, such
things are still noticable)

> -This is a feature to be implemented in version 5x:
> http://code.google.com/p/virtual-treeview/issues/detail?id=3 . The LCL
> port will take advantage as soon is implemented (and released) there.

I don't read that there? Sb suggests it, and half shoot it down, half not?