[Lazarus] QueueAsyncCall() scheduling

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 16:50:17 CEST 2010

Martin wrote:
> On 17/07/2010 13:36, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> I note (now :-) that QueueAsyncCall() works on a strictly LIFO basis,
>> i.e. it's really a stack rather than a queue.
>>
>> Has anybody ever built a simple round-robin scheduler based on this,
>> for example to handle low-speed comms on an indeterminate number of
>> serial ports?
>>
> Which revision of lazarus? IIRC it was very recently changed (corrected)
> to FIFO.

0.9.28.3. I saw the discussion from earlier in the year, but I was
specifically considering code that could handle several serial ports
pseudo-concurrently while being able to display messages etc. using
visual controls. Obviously I could go for a full-blooded multithreaded
solution, but async calls work very well for one port at a time...

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk