[Lazarus] Many parts of screen are not redrawn in Windows XP Classic theme and Win 2000

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:50:10 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru> wrote:
> What controls for example does not redraw themself (so I can test them)? I
> have windows xp and can test although I never noticed this problem.

This is not related to WinXP/2003, but could be also a problem with
painting handling.

Paul Ishenin please test on Win 7 with Aero enabled (if possible).

- create a form and put a combo box on it.
- make sure the application uses themes manifest. compile and run
- move the mouse to the right part of the combo box (drop-down arrow).

combo-box changes its view to "hot" state in one frame (while it
should be fade in a several frames). The same happens if you move the
mouse away. ComboBox changes its view to "normal" state in one frame,
though animation should be used.

You can see ComboBox animation in non LCL applications (Windows, VCL etc).

The bug is minor, so i did create the bug report.

thanks,
dmitry