[Lazarus] disable the debugger capturing the OutputDebugString() messages

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Jul 19 18:31:35 CEST 2010

Sven Barth wrote:
> Hi!

>>> That's because Delphi contains its own debugger which catches the
>>> exceptions that are raised by OutputDebugString.
>>
>> In theory Lazarus can display them too, it's only not implemented.
>
> You mean by parsing the output of GDB, do you?

IIRC it is part of the gdb mi messages.

> If so: is that output that relyable that you'll only get
> OutputDebugString messages?

the lazarus gdb interface is mainly developed on linux, where such
string doesn't exist. iirc, ive seen some docs on debugstrings on
windows. If this is the case, they can become part of the debug events
window.

> If not: what approach do you think of?

If gdb doesn't give them to me, they wont get displayed.

Marc