[Lazarus] Identifier Completion -> Unit not found

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 22 14:34:59 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:01:07 -0300
Guionardo Furlan <guionardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Buenas staff (this message was send to Editor section of the forum, but
> nobody answered yet, sou I hope you can help me)
>
> I am organizing my package of utilities, for ease of maintenance here.
> But I have a very annoying problem in Laz 9.0.29-24657/FPC 2.4.0
>
> The package compiles without problems, but the IDE is lost when using
> CodeCompletion unit and shows no errors found, as follows:
>
> Code:
>
> H:\#Projects\Lazarus_FPC\GuioUtils\GForms\gdefaultform.pas (9.26)
> Error: unit not found: GDatabaseCheck

Is the # really there?

> Notice that the folder of the package is GuioUtils and has subfolders like
> GForms example. In this case, the subfolder within GDatabaseCheck is
> GDatabase. All paths are defined in the "compiler options" package on the
> lines "Other files of units" and "Other sources"

"Other sources" is only for units, that the compiler should not find,
but only the IDE. See here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Other_sources

If I understand your text correct you have this file layout:

H:\#Projects\Lazarus_FPC\GuioUtils\
  xyz.lpk
  GDatabase\
    GDatabaseCheck.pas
  GForms\
    gdefaultform.pas

Then your "Other Unit Files" in the compiler options of your package
should be:

GDatabase;GForms

Note: Order and trailing path delimiters do not matter.

> I was already on the link:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Unit_not_found_-_How_to_find_unitslooking
> for some solution but nothing worked.
>
> Any suggestions of what to do?