[Lazarus] Tutorial Compiling/installing FPC and Lazarus from Sources of SVN

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 22 17:51:27 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:33:08 -0300
Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:01:05 -0300
> > Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I added a tuturial to compile and install FPC/Lazarus, from sources of
> >> SVN, on Windows.
> >> Link: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Maybe you should explain why you download wince, i386 and x86_64
> > sources, but you only compile a i386 compiler.
>
> When I got these URL's (by Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis) here in the list,
> I wanted to keep all all these URL's... but I just compile FPC for
> i386.
>
> I do not need wince and I need to study about x86_64 at first (I have
> one machine, but not tested yet).
>
> So, what do you want?

I want you to explain to the wiki readers, what each step does and
why it is needed, and what to do when a step fails.

> Delete all information about wince and x86_64 or somebody will
> complete these informations?

If the installation for windows 32bit and windows 64bit is different,
then they should get two different sections in the wiki.

BTW,
At the moment we have two wiki pages about installing.
Juha has started to clean up / update the 'Getting_Lazarus' page and
put each target onto a page of its own, which IMO is better than
putting every thing onto one page.
Eventually the other page should be removed and there should be only
one left. Preferably it should be renamed to something with install,
installing or installation in its name.
So better put your stuff there.

Mattias