[Lazarus] Build Number

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jul 23 00:58:15 CEST 2010

On 7/22/2010 18:12, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:42:41 +0200
> Kjow<antispammoni at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to use inside the application the build number? Since
>> Lazarus has an auto-increment of the build number, I would to include
>> a label with the revision in the gui of my app... :)
>
> No.
>
> Unless you write a tool/script that is called before compile and
> updates an include file used by the application. The IDE does that for
> svn revision number.

on the surface, this would seem to be similar to the C style preprocessor stuff
that takes "macros" like __DATE__ and __TIME__ and converts them to the current
date and time and writes them into the object code... i did something like this
for TP6/BP6 way back in the day... set those as consts in an include that was
rewritten each time by my preprocessor before the command line compiler was
called... actually using them (ie: forcing them to be included in the binary)
required that at least one const string be used in the execution of the
program... these didn't have to be used in the code but they were included such
that one could see them in the binary when it was viewed via a hex editor/viewer...