[Lazarus] Tutorial Compiling/installing FPC and Lazarus from Sources of SVN

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Fri Jul 23 04:01:01 CEST 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:02:13 -0400
waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:

> > Then you know what you are doing
>
> is that a requirement? especially when one simply wants to write a program
> ("hello world" for instance) and compile it for each of the available platforms ;)

Understanding is always a requirement. If you want "hello world" on many platforms and building a FPC cross-compiler is to complex, then perhaps you have the wrong tool for the job.
Chances are that no compiled language is needed ("hello world is not CPU intensive") and you could try Java, Python, Perl, etc. Choose the right tool for the job. :)

If you want to do it, because you 'love' pascal, then show your dedication by learning the stuff needed. I am sure the people on the FPC list will help you, if you have any troubles.

R.