[Lazarus] Carbon Nested Windows

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Fri Jul 23 09:42:06 CEST 2010

23.07.2010 15:26, J. Stelkens wrote:

> i'm working on a bigger lazarus project running as a plugin and have the task to modify the carbon interface so that one can create a TForm within a given parent window comming from the host. The TForm.CreateParented function seems to be not functional yet for carbon interface. And it seems that MacOS does not have a simple call to nest windows.

Did you test with the development version?

I worked on CreateParented - it can create a window with the passed
parent Handle but this must be a handle of LCL controls only in most of
widgetsets. Carbon is on of them becase TWinControl.Handle points to the
TCarbonWidget instead of HiViewRef/WindowRef. At the moment I don't know
how to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.