[Lazarus] Build Number

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:50:07 CEST 2010

2010/7/23 Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru>:
>  23.07.2010 6:12, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to use inside the application the build number? Since
>>> Lazarus has an auto-increment of the build number, I would to include
>>> a label with the revision in the gui of my app... :)
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Unless you write a tool/script that is called before compile and
>> updates an include file used by the application. The IDE does that for
>> svn revision number.
>
> I think Kjow is asking about the auto increment build number feature which
> increases the version  on every build. If so then yes - it is possible to
> show in a label. If you need an easy class to extract the version
> information from the resource I can publish it.

es, I mean the build number of developed applications, not lazarus or fpc.

When I do "Build all" the build number of my developed application
will increase (e.g. 0.0.0.1 -> 0.0.0.2 -> 0.0.0.3 -> etc ), and if I
want to include this info in the GUI of the same application I need to
modify everytime by hand this value. So it would be very nice if there
will be a constant where get this value dinamically.

Regards,
Kjow