[Lazarus] anchordockingdsgn on GTK2

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 24 20:44:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:56:15 +0200
theo <xpde at theo.ch> wrote:

> I've tried for the first time Anchordockingdsgn on GTK2.
>
> Impressive work. Thank you.
>
> There is one thing, that I would call a "show stopper" for practical use:
> Everytime I choose an Item from the component palette, the Design-Form
> goes behind the IDE/Editor.

Yes.
The bring to front comes from the window manager, so this can not be
changed.
This can only be remedied if the component palette is not docked to the
big source editor, or by docking the designer form. Both are planned,
but probably not for 0.9.30.

> And the bug http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17015 shows here.

Yes, somehow the LCL gets a size message from the past. I had not the
time yet to dig deeper.

> When maximizing the IDE, the sub-windows are not aligned correctly (always).
> See: http://www.theo.ch/lazarus/anchordsgn.png
> The image shows a maximized IDE.
> It sizes correctly if afterwards, I resize some windows inside the IDE,
> but not at the time when I'm maximizing.

Mattias