[Lazarus] Android NDK

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Jul 26 18:06:17 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:27:38 +0200
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks to me that a workable solution for Lazarus would be building
> the GUI application as a library, and then we would have a generic
> Java application which loads that library and communicates with it.
I don't think I can follow you.
In Adroid you don't write programs but activities. The main thread of such an activity is the UI thread. It does the painting and eventhandling and all that stuff.
AFAIK there is no X and no known widgetset, to see how Android does it's drawing one would have to look at the source and find out how they do it.
I don't think what you propose is possible with the current LCL, I may be wrong. But at least we would need a new widgetset as backend. The only one working I know of is qt. But this needs a special NDK and Google says that it may break at any time (update) because it uses more than the stable marked C-libs and advices against distributing qt progs.
I am sure lacking knowledge, as up to now I only use Java to code for Android, but I think someone has to dive deep into the Android code to make GUI development with Lazarus for Android possible.

R.