[Lazarus] Handheld development

dominique at savagesoftwaresolutions.com dominique at savagesoftwaresolutions.com
Mon Jul 26 20:17:01 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:23:33 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Dominique. So what's all the current brouhaha about Apple
> insisting that only their own tools should be used?

They essentially don't want interpreted/script/virtual machine code other
than JavaScript/HTML5 running on their device.
And is mostly a ploy to stop the likes of Flash games/apps running on
their device.

I personally have a MonoTouch app ( C# ) currently on the appstore and as
mentioned, FreePascal and other non Objective C/C/C++ apps have also been
approved on the appstore, since that new clause was introduced. As long as
it compiles to native iPhone calls, they seem to be fine with it.

Now that won't stop them in future saying, well you HAVE to use Objective
C, but then companies like Unity3D and quite a few of the big iPhone
developer and publishers, like EAm will have to invest in other dev tools
to target the iPhone. Which would mean less apps on the store, and I'm not
sure Apple wants that to happen.

Well that is my take on it.