[Lazarus] Handheld development

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 21:50:58 CEST 2010

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> About Lazarus running in Windows CE I think this wouldn't be useful,
> because the slower compilation and smaller screen would make
> development much slower then the few seconds necessary to copy the
> executable to the device via ActiveSync. Should be doable if you have
> a powerful WinCE system with normal screen and keyboard attached, but
> that is extremely rare.

I agree in the general case. However I can envisage situations where an
embedded system developer would want to be able to run the IDE on the
target system (if only to prove to the customer that /of/ /course/ there
was a real computer in there :-) or where it was more convenient to run
natively on an ARM-based CE system than cross on an x86-based NetBook.

Improbable, I grant, but not impossible. But you've no idea the sort of
questions I get asked around here :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk