[Lazarus] Handheld development

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:28:48 CEST 2010

Sven Barth wrote:

> No, they aren't. In fact (as far as I oversee it) it's easier to achieve
> then Android, because it's all still native code.

Couldn't FPC some day in the future be be given a new backend that emits
Java VM bytecode and the linker would jar and zip instead of linking a
binary and the LCL two new widgetsets, one that uses swing and the other
one that uses whatever Android uses as GUI? This would immediately
catapult Lazarus into regions that are currently exclusively occupied by
Netbeans and IntelliJ.