[Lazarus] Handheld development

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:20:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Bernd Kreuss <prof7bit at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Couldn't FPC some day in the future be be given a new backend that emits
> Java VM bytecode and the linker would jar and zip instead of linking a
> binary and the LCL two new widgetsets, one that uses swing and the other
> one that uses whatever Android uses as GUI? This would immediately
> catapult Lazarus into regions that are currently exclusively occupied by
> Netbeans and IntelliJ.

I think that yes, from my experience with java assembler I would say
that java can be treated as just another CPU, although with some
special features. Some developers say that no, it would never work
good enough to be compatible with most existing code. I guess that
only trying will prove if it works or not.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho