[Lazarus] Handheld development

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 10:29:13 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell wrote:
>  On 07/28/2010 10:19 AM, dmitry boyarintsev wrote:
>>
>> It would be a good promotion for FPC/Lazarus, but the Apple might ban
>> the applications as well,
> No problem as lately the court ruled that Apple's jailing application
> distribution in their own stores is not protected by the law.

Are you talking about the Librarian of Congress ruling of a week ago? In
that case- if I understand the American legal system- it's a ruling by a
member of the executive and hasn't been tested in court for legality.
What's more the ruling was about whether users can "jailbreak" their
appliances rather than whether Apple (or others) could be compelled to
distribute an app, and if most users get their apps from Apple AppStore
which won't accept FPC that's as good as a blanket prohibition.

We appear to be back at a situation where some people say that FPC
(hence Lazarus) can't be used legitimately with Apple's SDK, and others
saying that Apple have already accepted FPC-written apps so have
probably relaxed the requirement. I for one remain confused.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk