[Lazarus] Handheld development

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 11:19:23 CEST 2010

Henry Vermaak wrote:

> supporter like Adobe, they can do it to anyone.  I can't believe
> developers take this lying down, either, as I just won't take the risk
> in spending time and energy developing for a platform where someone can
> flick a kill switch on my app at any time.

I agree, but we also have to consider other portals or facilitators such
as Google. I'd also suggest that people such as Apple do have a
legitimate right to exclude developers and apps which have been proven
to screw users' appliances.

What /is/ the AppStore in this context? It's obviously a repository at
an address flashed into Apple devices, but does it also sign apps
validating that they're legitimate?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk