[Lazarus] Installing lazarus on Windows, horror story goes on

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:37:43 CEST 2010

2010/7/29 Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what I think is the
obvious.  If installing software on a computer is hard - writing
software for said computer is going to be even harder.

Perhaps the person you are working with could pay you money to develop
the application instead of dragging this ON and ON.  If getting the
Lazarus packaged version installed is this challenging perhaps
expecting said user to write software with Lazarus is going to be -
impossible?

Software development requires a basic understanding of how computers work...

I've had my problems with particular issues but the write once compile
everywhere works on Linux, Mac, and Windows.  What more can someone
ask for w/o using interpreted stuff?  You can't expect Lazarus to
write the software too once you get it installed. ;-)

That being said - perhaps you downloaded a specific version w/o the
FPC binaries.