[Lazarus] Installing lazarus on Windows, horror story goes on

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:24:10 CEST 2010

2010/7/29 dmitry boyarintsev <skalogryz.lists at gmail.com>

> Please, provide more accurate information:
> * Lazarus/FPC version being installed.
> * exact error messages
> * where the Lazarus was installed. (it feels like project's working
> directories contained spaces and/or nont Ansi chars)
>
> I could also help your friend getting Lazarus work on both Win and OSX
> via skype.

If I understand right the version is the default when clicking Download link
on Lazarus home page and then again the default link on SourceForge page.
Other details I don't really know. I thought the installation is easy and I
was not prepared for this hassle.
Now I will take a different strategy and create the binary for Win32. Then
we will see later if he still wants to install Lazarus.

In the end this episode will not be a big problem. He will make a
philosophical theory about how things should work but how they don't. :-)

A skype session with you would have problems because of the language
barrier.
He could use a binary for Mac though. Do the OSX binaries have much
variation? It is a recent x86 Mac. Is that info enough to build a binary for
it?

Juha