[Lazarus] Some syntax changes

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 05:56:39 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>> BTW, what about a compiler package, installable into the IDE? I'm just
>> redesigning the compiler (OO_rewrite branch), but the future of this
>> branch is yet unknown.
>
> Remarks:
> -You don't need the OO rewrite for this. But the OO rewrite could help
> to install cross compilers for other processors and to allow to reset
> the compiler.

Right, it's not a requirement, but it can simplify and speed up the use
of the compiler.

> -it requires changes to the options, the gui, the cache.

In detail the compiler options could/should be passed directly to the
compiler, not in form of commandline options (string). Also the time
consuming unit search could be reduced or eliminated, when the IDE and
compiler share the same file/directory cache. And not to forget the
handling of compiler messages, that can go immediately into the IDE
messages window.

> -I plan to rewrite the part that executes external tools after the
> next release. Registering another compiler is planned.
> Conclusion: let's wait with this after the oo rewrite.

ACK. But I found your ideas very instructive, with regards to what
functionality should be moved into dedicated and exchangable
classes/objects :-)

Do you already have more concrete ideas, what in detail should be
encapsulated, WRT later IDE integration of the compiler?

DoDi