[Lazarus] Reading a spreadsheet with fpspreadsheet

Thierry Coq tcoq at free.fr
Sat Jul 31 13:33:55 CEST 2010

On 29/07/2010 16:53, Koenraad Lelon wrote:
> My application would be a transcoder. I get excel-files from a customer,
> and I need a csv-like output. This is read by a proprietary application.
> What I do now is read the excel-file in OOo or MS-Excel, save it as csv
> and, with an editor, I fix the file (with a bunch of replaces) so that
> the prop. application can read the file.
> I would like to automate this : just read the excel-file and have the
> output-file ready to read.
> I could start from OOo format, it would be one step more than I would
> like, but a lot less work than now.
>
> I'll have a look at the OOo demo's.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Koenraad Lelong.

If you're interested in an alternative: ExcelInterfaces provides an
interface to Excel using the COM interface. This is very stable over
time. One asks for the data directly through Excel installed. It's
possible to read/write data, and also to format the spreadsheets.

Take a look here, if your other solutions don't work. I'm also always
interested in feedback.

I hope this helps
Thierry