[Lazarus] easy cross-platform compiling??

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:37:57 CEST 2010

On 1 June 2010 18:51, waldo kitty wrote:

> i left B.A.S.I.C. in the dust back in the late '70's or early '80's when i
> taught myself ASM and picked up my first copy of TP... i think that was TP2

I don't use RealBasic, but to be fair, RealBasic's language is nothing
like the Basic from the 80's or VB6. Just like Object Pascal is near
nothing like Turbo Pascal 1. The RealBasic language has classes,
inheritance etc...

They seem to be in the same boat as we are. When people see the words
"basic" or "pascal", they think of the language 20+ years ago. :-/
That was probably the main driving force for Borland to rename the
language to "delphi", to break that chain of thought.

  - Graeme -