[Lazarus] Lazarus + FreeBSD

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jun 3 20:33:18 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 02.06.2010, 08:53 +0200 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any developers using Lazarus under FreeBSD?

I do.

> Does Lazarus support FreeBSD?

I simply works when used with the matching compiler.

> Somebody asking me this question today, but I
> couldn't actually answer them.  Looking at the release downloads page,
> it seems FreeBSD is not supported (there is no binary downloads for
> that platform, unless you count the src only download).

For practical reason it has always been the better way to install fpc
and lazarus per user, not globally in the systems /usr/local tree. It is
easier to swap compilers or mess with the sources of something that
otherwise would be r/o. Concluding there is no need for a binary package
if you ask me, I wouldn't use it - although I do use a precompiled fpc.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>