[Lazarus] Decoding USB sniff data

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jun 3 23:21:58 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 22:54 +0200 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
> Am Donnerstag, den 03.06.2010, 23:22 +0300 schrieb Adem:
> > What I want to do is this:
> >
> > I have already sniffed/monitored the exchange between the app and the
> > USB device.
>
> May I ask how you did that? I'm searching a usable but not very costly
> USB monitoring thingy for Windows(XP).
>
> > I don't really have much idea about what's going on, but I'd like to
> > decode (reverse engineer) it first to understand what's what.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any pointers to help me with this.
> >
> > Then, I'd like to be able to write my own app to initiate and handle
> > communication with the device. So, I believe I need some code to locate
> > the correct USB device and talk to it.
> >
> > What do you use for this sort of thing?

I forgot because I don't use it:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Hardware_Access#USB

There is libusb, which might be simpler to use and is already translated
to fpc. And it does have a windows counterpart called libusb-w32 or
-win32. You can find that on sourceforge, too.

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>