[Lazarus] TAchart multiple reticules and vertical series alignment

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 08:45:59 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 09:46, Rick <rick at sloservers.com> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin wrote:
>>
>> This is yet another long-standing todo item.
> That was actually on the list?  And here I thought I was the only one using
> TAChart in such perverse ways...

This is the last time it was brought up:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general/36748
After your request, I have actually implemented  the changes outlined
in this message.

Also, this post made me include stepped line series in todo list:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,8568.0.html

>> [I should publish my todo list somewhere... maybe as feature requests
>> on issue tracker?]
> That's as good a place as any, although in my experience publishing todo lists never
> seems to help with obtaining those coveted "round-tuits."   :D
At least it might tell users something about future plans.
For now, I published the list on the wiki:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/TAChart#Roadmap

> You know, I found a way to generate a SIGFPE in the axis demo on the
> logarithm transform page...
> First uncheck log scale, then zoom in on some empty space ((-0.5,200),
> (1.5,1.5)), for example,
> and then check log scale again.  Poof!

Good catch. This is unrelated to the recent changes, but one of the problems
to overcome for the full multi-axis support.
Committed a workaround in r25941 -- TChart now zooms to full extent
instead of failing.

> I had to cull a lot of usage information from the mailing list archives,
> demo source, and asking you.  Is
> there a place on the wiki where I could perhaps contribute some
> documentation for posterity?

There is actually a partial documentation for tachart in fpdoc directory.
Unfortunately, current versions of fpdoc fails to parse TAChart source,
so the documentation effort is stalled. Moreover, this is API-level
documentation.
A higher-level, "Tutorial" or "HOWTO"-style is certainly welcome.
I think wiki would be a good place for that -- you can create a page
and link it from "Usage" section of the TAChart page.

--
Alexander S. Klenin