[Lazarus] Run builds with different FPC versions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 8 11:32:26 CEST 2010

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:11:06 +0000
Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> >> I find that the "FPC source directory" setting appears to accept a macro
> >> $FPCVer(), but the "Compiler path" does not. Irrespective of whether
> >> what I'm trying to do is crazy, am I missing anything obvious?
> >
> > Yes. The FPCVer macro gets the fpc version from the compiler.
>
> Is the version number on the "about" box also got from the compiler, or
> is that determined at build time?

That's from build time.

> If it's hardwired, is there a macro to access it?

No.

Normally you use the latest and greatest fpc version to compile lazarus
and for each installed fpc version you use a different lazarus config
directory. The lazarus config directory is passed as command line
parameter (--pcp=). This way you can use a 0.9.29 lazarus with a 2.2
fpc.

Mattias