[Lazarus] Multiple LCL instances

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 11 11:53:53 CEST 2010

On 06/11/2010 10:40 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> I wonder whether this would be better handled by having multiple
> application instances with suitable interprocess communication, i.e.
> like Netscape/Mozilla's XPCOM.

Technically I agree that this in fact asks for multiple Applications -
even though I have the impression that as well Windows as GTK  allows
for using multiple (kind of) main Forms with a single application *).
For the programmer I would wish for having him work in a more
"integrated" environment than doing two separate applications and
manually code any  communication between them. Maybe a framework that
organizes the communication under the hood might be a way to go.

-Michael

*)
Windows: MadShi for Delphi seems to allow for creating an additional
message queue in an application (I did not test this)
I don't see why GTK should only allow for attaching a single GUI
interface instance to an application.