[Lazarus] SynEdit Syntax implementation help

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:28:17 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell wrote:

> Technically I agree that this in fact asks for multiple Applications -
> even though I have the impression that as well Windows as GTK  allows
> for using multiple (kind of) main Forms with a single application *).
> For the programmer I would wish for having him work in a more
> "integrated" environment than doing two separate applications and
> manually code any  communication between them. Maybe a framework that
> organizes the communication under the hood might be a way to go.

The really important thing is not to kill performance for the sake of
"good design", something that I think both Mozilla (compared with
Netscape) and KDE (compared with older versions) stand guilty of. As a
very low priority background project I'm thinking about something which
would synchronise multiple apps and possibly multiple users to do a
particular job, this would be very much tree-structured with a database
backend. [The market leader is strictly single-user, in fact the user
can't open up multiple windows let alone spread his workload over
different computers. However in this case synchronisation would be by a
work queue on the backend, i.e. it would need nothing like the bandwidth
of a single integrated application.]

> Windows: MadShi for Delphi seems to allow for creating an additional
> message queue in an application (I did not test this)

Interesting that both you and Mattias are on the same track.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk