[Lazarus] Basic chm help creator (LHelpCreator)

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Sat Jun 12 19:27:23 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-12 17:17, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 12:05:12PM +0300, ??ilvinas Ledas wrote:
>
>> Some points:
>> * It takes specified dir with all the files in it and compiles them to
>> the chm archive (context ids and names can be assigned).
>> * TOC can be designed in program.
>> * Index is created from TOC (as a result: not very useful yet).
>> * Saves and loads project from xml file.
>>
> Package chm's or an own?

Own. I save TOC tree and file names (paths) with context ids so I needed
own xml format. BUT now I think packages xml saving can be "reused" - It
could be saved and afterwards additional info could be added (TOC tree
info etc).

>> * Uses FPC chm package to compile. As a result needs FPC revision 15395
>> (can be separately applied - 3 lines of code) in order not to leak memory.
>>
> (Will be in 2.4.2)
>
> The program would IMHO make a nice demo, but the problem is that it is a
> lazarus using demo for a FPC (the CHM) package. We don't have a good place
> for that yet.

At first I thought it could be added to Lazarus as an additional tool.
And yesterday I found that there is tools/chmmaker project, that aims to
do similar thing (as usually - I find some things after implementing
them). I tried to use that tools/chmmaker a little, but got some errors
and decided to stick with my own implementation.

So, I will be using (and extending at least a little bit) my chm builder
and if someone decides it can be added to some official repository - it
will be nice to provide newest sources.

Regards
Žilvinas Ledas