[Lazarus] Basic chm help creator (LHelpCreator)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jun 13 17:35:08 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 08:27:23PM +0300, ??ilvinas Ledas wrote:
> >> * TOC can be designed in program.
> >> * Index is created from TOC (as a result: not very useful yet).
> >> * Saves and loads project from xml file.
> >>
> > Package chm's or an own?
> >
> Own. I save TOC tree and file names (paths) with context ids so I needed
> own xml format. BUT now I think packages xml saving can be "reused" - It
> could be saved and afterwards additional info could be added (TOC tree
> info etc).

Note that the CHM xml format is not yet really "used", and I don't consider
it stable. (if only because it doesn't support the full set that e.g. the MS
helpfile compiler does, and changes will probably be necessary to fix that)

But, to make it easier for you, I just made several methods in filewriter
virtual, which in theory would allow you to put your own shell over
filewriter.

I also merged this, and all recent bugfixes (mostly yours) to the fixes
branch, so that they will be in 2.4.2

The next plan is to start supporting #windows.